Exploded graphics

Subject: Exploded graphics
From: Kevin Rush <krush -at- nmhs -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:42:27 -0600

I have a question about naming conventions for exploded graphics. What do
you call and how do reference the exploded graphic. I currently am using
the following convention:

figure 4-4, exploded graphic A, icon 1

Since the exploded graphic is an enlarged view of a tool bar segment, would
I refer to it as figure 4-4, tool bar A, icon 1.

I have looked in the archives under a variety of terms trying to find
something about this topic with no success.

I have also looked in the MS Manual of Style for Technical Publications,
however the manual has no exploded graphics.

exploded graphics - a picture where a portion is enlarged for easier
viewing i.e., where A1 and B1 are part of the orignal graphic and A2 and B2
are the exploded view.

________________
| |
| A2 |