Not everyone wants to work in UI design (was RE: When you really need to create a screen)

Subject: Not everyone wants to work in UI design (was RE: When you really need to create a screen)
From: "Michele Marques" <marquesm -at- autros -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:55:22 -0500

"Giordano, Connie" wrote:

> However, this, and other posts of the day do lead back around
> to one of my
> pet concerns: Why do so many tech writers limit themselves to
> after-the-design content issues?

Jean Webber suggested that some people can't get involved in UI design,
because their companies won't let them. Bruce Byfield suggested that some
people don't want to face the challenge of UI design.

This may be true, but there are some of us who want to *write*. While some
people may want to do UI design, that's not true of everyone.

I've worked as a programmer. While my favourite aspect of programming was UI
design, I would still rather be a writer. I'll leave UI design to those who
prefer it.

Michele Marques
Technical Writer,
Autros Healthcare Solutions