RE: SnagIt question

Subject: RE: SnagIt question
From: "David Demyan" <dbdemyan -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:45:14 -0500

Sean accurately pointed out the answer about capturing objects,
which requires users to install Active Accessibility on early
versions of Windows. He went on to point out that this may not
achieve the results you are looking for, which, as I recall, is
to capture grayed out buttons.

With Active Accessibility installed, you can also use the
Input > Program File to capture graphics within a program.
This is kind of cool for those with a curious nature.
Programs that run under Windows most likely use bitmap
graphics images on the screens and toolbars. These can be
.BMP files or .ICO (icon) files, which are stored somewhere
within the program executable (.EXE) file. Using this
option in SnagIt, you can capture those graphics directly
from the .EXE file. Thus, the object should not be grayed
out.

This is a brand-new feature in version 5.1. I recall it
well because I did the help file update for TechSmith.
[Yes, you should be aware that I work for the company,
writing all help systems for SnagIt, DubIt, and Camtasia.]

Dave Demyan.