Re: Proposal writing

Subject: Re: Proposal writing
From: "Herman Holtz" <h -dot- holtz -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:49:28 -0500

There is no question that the developments of the past two decades, and
probably of the past one esepecially, have brought chnages and new
beginnings. I can see a great many proposal and contracting practices that
either did not exist before or were much more excpetions to the rule. The
development of the chip and the enormous expansion of digital equipment of
all kinds have brought revolutionary changes. and made dinosaurs of many of

I recognize some of what now appear to be rather common practices as
having been occasional occurrences before our whole world became digital. In
fact, at on time I was getting a steady stream of reports from a federal
agency complaining about wiring of contracts and other practices regarded as
violations of basic procurement principles. - Herm