RE: how do you say? 12 O' clock in a manual?

Subject: RE: how do you say? 12 O' clock in a manual?
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:00:58 -0500

I, on the other hand, prefer to flout style dictates,
and use the unmistakable 24-hour clock in this format:

Noon = 12h00
Midnight = 24h00

As to the 24h00 versus 00h00 controversy, I just go
by the flavor I'm trying to impart. If a time-period
is ENDING at midnight, then I'll call it 24h00. If
something is STARTING at midnight... then 00h00.

It's unambiguous, universally recognizable (according
to my straw polls :-), and requires the fewest
characters to unambiguously convey the message.

If it's going to be translated... well, translators
and localisers know what they're doing. Let them
worry about it. I haven't met one yet, who asked
me "what are these funny numbers '15h33'?"

But then, I've also been steadfastly clinging to
the "metric taper" date format, despite the quaint
customs of my banks over the years.
Today is [20]01/01/10.

/kevin