RE: Using Framemaker files with Robohelp

Subject: RE: Using Framemaker files with Robohelp
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:35:09 -0500

Hallo:

Use RTF as an intermediate format and then edit and reformat what you import
in RH.

> Also, could someone explain how using WebWorks Publisher Professional
> allows
> one to create online help from Framemaker files with "the touch of a
> button." I searched the archives and couldn't find any explanation. As
> well, the Quadralay staff are somewhat slow in responding to queries about
>
> their product (it's been two weeks).

WebWorks Publisher uses the FrameMaker *.book or *.fm files.

Before you convert any projects to online help, set up your WebWorks online
help page layouts, map your FrameMaker paragraph, character, table,
cross-reference styles to WebWorks Publisher styles. Then, you define how
you want your graphic output. After which you generate your online help in
WebWorks Publisher. Then you test the online help and address any style
issues or customizations you want. Save this as a template. Thereafter,
import the FM *.book or *.fm into WebWorks Publisher Pro, apply the template
you created, and click a generate button to make your online help. This
process might take a little time if you are new to the product, but it is a
worthwhile expenditure of time that pays off later.

If you edit, revise, or update the FrameMaker source files, you can click
the generate button to create updated help files. You never need to edit the
help files separately from the FrameMaker document you used to create your
PDF, printed source, or whatever else it was you were doing with FM.

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com