Re: Nit picky grammar question...

Subject: Re: Nit picky grammar question...
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:35:12 -0800 (PST)

In article ORG -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, Eric -dot- Rhinerson -at- bankerssystems -dot- com (Eric Rhinerson) writes:
>Greetings all,
>I'm hoping for your help. This issue I believe, comes mainly down to
>personal preference, but I'm hoping someone out there has a more concrete
>I'm dealing with a phrase which currently reads: "Where is your
>I believe it should read, "Where are your headquarters?"
>According to Webster's, both are correct. Given that, all I have to go on is
>that I think my revision, "sounds better." Can anyone offer anything more

How about "What is the location of your corporate
headquarters?" Avoids the whole issue :->

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | this message is the return address.

When I was in college, there were certain words you couldn't say
in front of a girl. Now you can say them but you can't say 'girl.'
- Tom Lehrer