RE: Where is the ceiling in TW?

Subject: RE: Where is the ceiling in TW?
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:55:25 -0800

From: "Habegger, Nolan" <nolan -dot- habegger -at- dyonyx -dot- com>

Has anyone thought about going into Business Analysis? Professional Services

<snipping the rest to make Lyris happy>

I was just in the peculiar position of having two offers to choose between. Or rather I had one solid offer in Monrovia and was kept waiting (long aggravating story) for the other in Pasadena. The reason I waited was that the position was proposed as Sr. Tech Writer-Business Analyst, which sounded cool. Pasadena offered me $8,000 LESS than I was making at my previous job.

When I stopped laughing at the recruiter who reported this, I told him no. (I took the Framemaker-related job, for those keeping score.) I wish I hadn't made Monrovia wait a whole week for a decision, and I wish I hadn't had to drive to/from the final interview in the pouring rain, just for a joke offer. I could have been back to work last Monday instead of this coming one. Oh well. We live and, uhm, something...

Maggie Secara

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area. or toll-free 877/278-2131.