Re: Help with Robo Help

Subject: Re: Help with Robo Help
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:00:39 -0800

Tables don't wrap in roboHelp, which means text in tables doesn't either. Try adjusting your table size.

I try not to use graphics in on-line help. They're on the screen already anyway, so they know what it looks like. I may put a relevant icon in the title bar, but otherwise, nothing. It's true. The graphics usually look terrible or do a weird thing I can't quite describe. (like you printed the screen caprure and cut it out, then cut it in half, then switched the pieces and taped them back together... Very weird.)

Maggie Secara

From: Cherish683 -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Subject: Help with Robo Help
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:0:59

Hi All,

I am using Robo Help version 8. I have a small 15 page Word 97 document
that has tables with text and screen captures done with Snag It version 5.

I save the document, as an HTML in Word 97 but the tables and the screens
looked terrible in HTML format. I also tried to cut and paste each page
into Robo Help, but the tables and the screen captures did not take.

Is there a way I can take this Word 97 document and put it into Robo Help
with out doing it over from scratch in Robo Help?

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.