Re: Riting Erors

Subject: Re: Riting Erors
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:34:06 -0800 (PST)

> I thought this discussion list warranted the same courtesy and
> dignity that would apply to any professional conversation -- even
> for "casual postings". Certainly a discussion list on technical
> writing deserves correct spelling, punctuation, and word choice.

No, it doesn't. Most of my messages are posted while waiting for
something else (help compile, ftp, etc), with other things on my
mind. I type the message and usualy don't reread it more than once. I
try to format so they don't look like crap on the other end, but
other than that, most times they are in raw form. It doesn't matter
to me if it offends the sensibilities of some readers that are too
anal to know when it matters and when it doesn't.

Ya try to make it clear and not too offensive...but if it is going to
take an extra 60 seconds to look up the spelling of a particular
word, then the message isn't worth my time and some may miss out on
an answer, which the content might have saved them some extra work.
Deal with it. If mseeing a spelling error is going to make you
discount the content, that's your option

> Having said that curmudgeonly, I shall don my flame-resistant
> attire and await the blast.

What!? we wouldn't do that!

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"How to be happy in life: Never impose your beliefs
on anyone else and never fry bacon in the nude."
-- Anon

http://auctions.yahoo.com/