Re: Riting Erors

Subject: Re: Riting Erors
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:44:00 -0800

> I thought this discussion list warranted the same courtesy and
> dignity that would apply to any professional conversation -- even
> for "casual postings". Certainly a discussion list on technical
> writing deserves correct spelling, punctuation, and word choice.

No, it doesn't. M

Dignity? It's a mailing list! I believe my diction is always in keeping with the nature of this conversation, and my manners are consistently charming. If we were talking in person, you'd never hear my spelling.

Actually, I spell very well. I never said I could type. Happily, Eric doesn't make it a requirement for membership in this jolly company, although in general he takes it very ill when someone brings it up.

Cheers,

Maggie Secara
The Elizabethan World is at http://ren.dm.net

"...I've met pagan Goths who, aside from their beliefs and clothing, had the hearts and spirits of accountants nearing retirement age."
**Bruce Byfield

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.