looking for a word...

Subject: looking for a word...
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:26:24 -0800 (PST)

You are all being so very helpful to me on my structure
problems, maybe you can help me find the right word...

We have an interface framework, from which you call various
mini-applications, each of which helps with some aspect of
managing, setting up, or designing your specific database
installation. In other situations, the mini-aps might be called
Tools, or Components, or some such. In our ap they're called
Objects, because apparently that's the technical term for them.
I've also heard them called Forms, but only internally.

Five of these are called from the Objects menu. The sixth one
is found under the Activities menu. There is a minor technical
and conceptual distinction between this one and the others, but
it looks and behaves just like all the others.

so, what would you call these thingies? components, tools,
mini-aps, forms, something else entirely? I need to address
some things that are common to all six of 'em.



Becca Price
beccap -at- rust -dot- net (primary address)

There's no such thing as useless information, only information for which you haven't found a use yet.

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices.

Develop HTML-Based Help with Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 ($100 STC Discount)
**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17)
http://www.weisner.com/training/dreamweaver_help.htm or 800-646-9989.

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001
Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.
http://www.pdfconference.com or toll-free 877/278-2131.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: types of information and structure question
Next by Author: Re: What to call them?
Previous by Thread: RE: Using Word's Help
Next by Thread: Adobe index bookmarks??

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads