Re: TOOLS: w.p. conversion software

Subject: Re: TOOLS: w.p. conversion software
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:18:36 -0800

Joyce Fetterman wrote:

> We need code to convert MS Word and WordPerfect documents (and any other
> word processing formats it can handle) into one format, and from there we'll
> add our own code for specialized display. We used to use a PC product that
> could convert text between various formats, but it's no longer available.
>
> It doesn't have to be freeware, but cost is an issue...

Several companies are meeting similar needs with XML filters. You
might do a web search for mswordview to start with.

--
Bruce Byfield 604.421.7177 bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com
Director of Marketing and Communications, Progeny Linux Systems

"Theirs is a land of hope and glory
Mine is the green field and the factory floor
Theirs are the skies all dark with bombers
Mine is the peace we knew between the wars."
- Billy Bragg, "Between the Wars"