RE: Monitor shutting off

Subject: RE: Monitor shutting off
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:48:20 -0500

Maybe you're video card is set to a screen area and color depth and refresh
rate that your monitor cannot support.

Try turning down some settings or using a default setup. For exampe, if you
are running at 1024x768, 24-bit color, and 80Hz refresh rate, try lowering
the refresh rate to 70 or 72 Hz, using 256-colors, or 800x600 resolution.
Always check your monitor's owners manual to see what refresh rates it
supports . . . this can be helped if Windows recognizes and supports your
monitor specifically.

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com