RE: Telecrastinating and Andrew's Sub shop Friend

Subject: RE: Telecrastinating and Andrew's Sub shop Friend
From: "Le Vie, DonaldX S" <donaldx -dot- s -dot- le -dot- vie -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:11:25 -0800

>>Are we supposed to admire this man? He is a fool.<<

I heard a story this morning about a former pro baseball pitcher who had a
promising career cut short because of a life-threatening injury. In his 60s
now, the ex-pitcher works as a groundskeeper for the ball club, and his
accomplishments from his younger years as a pitcher for the team are
oblivious to the new crop of rookies and veterans. They look right through
him and ignore his presence on the field and in the halls of the stadium. He
was, after all, just the lowly old groundskeeper. One of his friends asked
if it bothered him that the team treated him without respect, and considered
him one of the "little people."

He replied: "Oh, that's OK. I don't count on the uninformed opinions of
others to measure my self worth."

That sub shop owner probably paid cash for his Mercedes, too. What a
fool...he could have borrowed that money and paid thousands of dollars in
interest instead.

Donn Le Vie

-