Re: Slightly OT: Word 2000 menus GONE PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Subject: Re: Slightly OT: Word 2000 menus GONE PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:03:13 -0600

YES!!!!! (Virtual Victory Dance here....)

The article Kathleen referred me to (THANKS!!!!!) helped me restore my co-worker's
Word defaults. The culprit turned out to be a damaged Data key in the Registry. And
being one of those not afraid of mucking around in the Registry....

Thanks for all the suggestions. I appreciate them, each and every one, even if they
didn't work in this instance. Yes, it is the thought, the effort that counts.

Thanks again, everyone

Jo Francis Byrd wrote:

> Sigh. Grumble. Grr....
> So far, NOTHING is working. Using the Esc key doesn't work (I already tried that,
> Sanjay....haven't dived into the Registry, yet. Just don't know where to look! She
> doesn't have RH...might see if I can open the, though.....
> Pressing ALT+C and ALT+V+C per Kathleen's suggestion doesn't work either, nor does
> pressing F11 as Sarah suggested.
> Right-clicking, as Kim suggested, doesn't do anything except produce the Restore,
> Move, Size, etc. option.
> Kathleen just referred me to a knowledge base article, so I'm on my way to check
> that out. Thanks, Kathleen! I'll let everyone know if I succeed. This is becoming
> personal, now!

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.