Removing outdated FrameMaker styles

Subject: Removing outdated FrameMaker styles
From: Darriel Dawne <ddawne -at- infowave -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:55:22 -0800

I've looked for an answer to no avail.

Does anyone know of a way to strip out Character and Paragraph formats in
FrameMaker 6.0 that are no longer in use.

We've gone through the process of cleaning up our templates, but we need the
content from the old templates. How do we import the new styles only and
obliterate the ones we don't use anymore?

Has anyone used or invented a tool or script that would do this? I'm
thinking of how in WebWorks you can map one format to the other. My task
would be a little trickier because I'd need to delete formats no longer in
use, and assign a new format to any text using an outdates style.

Thanks so much for you assistance.

This message sent using the Infowave Wireless Business Engine(tm)

Darriel Dawne
Technical Communications
infowave
E: ddawne -at- infowave -dot- com