RE: Trademarks and nouns - how often?

Subject: RE: Trademarks and nouns - how often?
From: Christi Carew <ccarew -at- rangestar -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 08:59:26 -0800

Some time ago, I posted a message about trademarks and when and how often
you had to use the TM symbol. I noted that I had presented this question to
our legal guy. We've recently hired a new legal guy, and he actually
responded. When I first posted the notes to this list, I received some
requests to post the reply... which is what I'm doing now. =)

I wrote (to our legal guy): I have always understood and worked such that
the R or TM was used at the first instance in the text, not in a title. Is
this accurate as far as you are concerned?

He wrote back: My understanding is that there is no "rule" per se on the
matter. Since it makes no practical difference, my advice is to go with
whichever is more aesthetically appealing. Savor that advice, it doesn't
come down that way too often in my line of work. :-)

Works for me!

Christi Carew
ccarew -at- rangestar -dot- com

RangeStar Wireless
www.rangestar.com

All communication contained in this e-mail is entirely my own and is not
necessarily endorsed by my co-workers or employer.