RE: What's in a name?

Subject: RE: What's in a name?
From: "Christensen, Kent" <lkchris -at- sandia -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:14:02 -0700

re: I need to come up with a name for our department.

Because it will help you keep your focus (tell your boss that), call
yourselves the Customer Focused Communications Department.

Nothing like a department name that reminds its members and its customers
what its goal is (tell your boss that). If you're going to put out good
documents that really do what they're intended to do, you'll need to be
"good with words" and creative--therefore a "wordy" and creative department
name (tell your boss that).

You decide about hyphenation--customer-focused? Personally, I'm against it
and think it looks especially bad on logos and patches. You are going to
have a logo and team shirts, right? Any such department has to have some
graphics capabilities and why not display them (tell your boss that)? It's
the marketing.