RE: .chm setup: any way to have version appear on printout?

Subject: RE: .chm setup: any way to have version appear on printout?
From: "Cummings, Elizabeth" <CummEl -at- ncs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:44:52 -0600

Wow--thanks, Rainer. I definitely want to try taking this route, but I must
confess that I don't really understand how:

Looking at the Attributes/Properties menu on the page whose link you
provided, I suspect that I would want to embed TEXTFOOT (I'm assuming this
is an attribute that would allow me to write whatever I wanted to appear in
the footer (e.g., version number) of a printout from this .chm; do you get
this impression, as well?) on every page of the user's guide i've developed.
Then, whenever I update the .hhp and prepare to recompile, I would just
carry out the find-and-replace process, finding all TEXTFOOT code/tags and
replacing the old version number with the new. Seems pretty
straightforward, but I am not clear on what tags/code to embed--and where.

Would I simply write <ELEMENT TEXTFOOT = sFooter V223> (V223 is the version
number) and embed it "wherever"? I know very basic, raw HTML and have
hardly touched style sheets; do you think I could still carry out what I
want to achieve?

Anyone's advice is welcome!
-E.