Using Dreamweaver to design a tutorial.

Subject: Using Dreamweaver to design a tutorial.
From: "Cork, Deanna" <dcork -at- fnni -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:18:43 -0600

Hey everyone! I have a colleague who is using Dreamweaver 3.0 to design a
tutorial. He's using a lot of Visual Basic Script, but as he wasn't
previously a VB Script expert, he's run into some road blocks. There are two
problems he's looking for solutions to right now.

1. On pages where he has instructions and a screen shot with particular
fields "enabled" that the student has to fill, he wants to make the ENTER
key linked to the OK button that appears on the screen shot. In other words,
in the app (which is a VB app), the user completes the dialog box and can
press ENTER (or click OK) to move on. On the tutorial right now, if a
student presses ENTER, they clear the information they just entered into
that screen shot on the page. So, we need to link the ENTER key to the click
of the OK button on the screen shot. Anyone know if this is possible using
VB Script?

2. There are a number of dialog boxes in this VB app where the current date
is defaulted into fields. My colleague wants to be able to do the same thing
on the page of the tutorial where there are screen shots that include the
date. Right now, he's got it working so that when he opens his page in
Dreamweaver and does a Save, the date is updated. Instead, he wants the
dates to be updated when a student hits that page. Any thoughts?

Please let me know if you require more information.