RE: burnout

Subject: RE: burnout
From: "Rock, Megan" <Megan -dot- Rock -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:36:48 -0500

I agree that if a job is truly awful and can't be salvaged, it's going to be
just as miserable vacation-or-not. But I also know that if I get a break
from something that's overwhelming me or making me miserable, nine times out
of ten it isn't quite as bad when I have to face it again. Sometimes a
vacation is all it takes to help you clear your head and see things from a
different perspective when you come back to them.

I, too, have found that it's painfully difficult to get out of bed and come
to work on days when I know I have next to nothing to work on, or when I
know that my dear husband has a day off from classes and gets to sleep in.
But I like the people that I work with, and that makes it easier to trudge
through the times of boredom or monotony.

And even though I'm liking my job right now and I'm busier than all get out,
I'm scheduled for a week of vacation in March, and I can't wait!

Megan Rock
Technical Writer
FANUC Robotics North America, INC.

Views presented and opinions held are not necessarily those of my friends,
family, or employer.