RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Rock, Megan" <Megan -dot- Rock -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:53:14 -0500

I'd be curious how other people defined the term "project" when they
answered the poll question.

I've never worked on just one project at a time, but my definition of
'project' in the context of my work is "any task that is different in scope
or detail from another task." I might be working on one setup & ops manual,
but I usually have several unique features that I am documenting at the same
time, working with different developers and SMEs for each feature. Perhaps
some of you would say that since my end product will be one manual, I'm
actually working on one 'project' with multiple tasks.

I do work on various things at the same time: feature documentation,
updates and changes to multiple manuals, XSL style sheet customization, and
the department intranet Web site. I think I would get bored if I only had
one project to work on at a time.

Wishing everyone a pleasant Monday,
Megan Rock

Technical Writer
FANUC Robotics North America, INC.

Views presented and opinions held are not necessarily those of my friends,
family, or employer.