New to tech writing

Subject: New to tech writing
From: "Michael Terry" <mvt1956 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:26:41 -0500

Hello. I am junior tech writer at a prestigiuos firm in New York. I was given an assignment to write a technical specifications document for our internal tech staff and well as a technical discussion guide to be used when posing question to clients. I am the first tech writer they have hired and my contract is for six months.(There are no other senior or junior tech writers in my place of employment at this time). This is a pilot project for them based on what tech documents I can provide (if all goes well, they will hire me permanent. I need help big time in order to write this document. The template has been devised and its components have been put together but I am having a hard time as to what questions need to be addressed and examples used in regards to business rules, user and functional requirements, platforms? Can someone steer me in the right direction as to some samples I can use? Please help.