RE: Web-based Tutorial Needs TOC

Subject: RE: Web-based Tutorial Needs TOC
From: "Sherman, Bryan" <BSherman -at- synchrony -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:01:14 -0500

Since I've been beating my head up against this brick wall, let me share
what I have learned.

The ShowHelp method motioned in the referred page does NOT work from a web
page. It will work on a web page when all the files are local, but once you
put them up on a web site, they don't work. And actually careful reading of
the page will show that it doesn't say it will work.

As pointed out in another list, think about what you are trying to do. Even
if it did work, you are talking about downloading the .CHM every time it is
requested.

Also, many of the examples explain how to pull it INTO a browser, and I
always wanted it to be in the HTML Help window (since I had the luxury of a
program that already required IE 5.x or greater).