RE: Issues of wording

Subject: RE: Issues of wording
From: "Susan Ahrenhold" <sahrenhold -at- winspc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:15:31 -0500

As a native New Yorker (4th gen Brooklyn, mother's side, 3rd generation
Manhatten, father's side) who now lives in Michigan,

The Great American Fly-over is anything between Western Pennsylvania (or any
other coastal state) and the Rocky Mountains.
The Great Plains, on the other hand, is that strip from Texas to North
Dakota that tornados like to roar up.

But to me the Midwest includes the major states of what used to be called
the Rustbelt - Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin. The old Northwest
Territories.

As my family points out, I like to move to the "Middle West." I always come
back, but I do have this bad habit ;>)
This time it's been 13 years.