TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:RE: Finding a good job title From:Susan Cockrell <susan -dot- cockrell -at- wilytech -dot- com> To:"TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com> Date:Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:52:00 -0500
Technical Writing Tools Specialist
From: anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com [mailto:anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 10:07 PM
Subject: FWD: Finding a good job title
I searched the archives and couldn't find any information on this ....
My company needs to create a job title for a person who does the
* Creates and maintains all templates
* Leads standards/styles development and documents all existing
* Edits all documents before they are released
* Mentors associate writers and interns
* Provides software support to writers
* Trains new employees on procedures, software tools, standards,
* Trains existing employees on new software tools
* Investigates new tools/technologies and training sessions/seminars
related to Technical Communications
* Proofs all new manuals before they are replicated
* Maintains ISO procedures for group and ensures that writers are
all familiar with the process
* Keeps Documentation Manager up-to-date on any TC-related issues
affecting the group
Any ideas for what we should call this person?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Develop HTML-Based Help with Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 ($100 STC Discount)
**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) http://www.weisner.com/training/dreamweaver_help.htm or 800-646-9989.
Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001
Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area. http://www.pdfconference.com or toll-free 877/278-2131.
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.