RE: Youth vs. Experience

Subject: RE: Youth vs. Experience
From: "Roy Jacobsen" <roy -dot- jacobsen -at- greatplains -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:39:55 -0600

Andrew Plato [mailto:intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com] writes:

>The real question is: which is better youthful energy or seasoned
experience.

This appears to me to be a false dichotomy. Youth does not necessarily
equal energy (or any of the other things Andrew cited, such as
willingness to learn and be open to new ideas and information, nor does
age ("seasoning") necessarily equal experience. I have seen
narrow-mindedness and sloth in youth, and I have seen inexperience in
the so-called mature.

And this whole thread is teetering dangerously on the brink of
off-topicality, so I won't add any more to it.

Roy M. Jacobsen
Senior Editor
Great Plains
1701 38th Street Southwest
Fargo, ND 58103
USA

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there.