RE: Time estimates and getting credit

Subject: RE: Time estimates and getting credit
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:27:21 -0800

Someone anonymously asked for our thoughts regarding work done on a team.

Here's my somewhat curmudgeonly nickel's worth of free advice:

On the cover letter, the manager should have written <the X team> did
whatever, rather than refer to <anon> and <the team leader>.

This question demonstrates the problems generated when giving individual
team members credit. The team leader's role is to ensure that each team
member has the resources and assistance needed to perform their part of the
team function. I really doubt anon worked in total isolation from the rest
of the team with no opinion or input from them.

John Gilger

**New Dates!!** San Francisco (Apr 16-17), San Jose (Mar 29-30) or 800-646-9989.