Re: Other Software Installation Peeves

Subject: Re: Other Software Installation Peeves
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 10:30:06 -0600

OK, here's MY pet peeve: you uninstall a program. It should be wiped out from
all the nooks and crannies, right? WRONG!!!!! Bits and pieces hide in system
files, in the Registry (you should have seen what we went through when our
office manager's Word 2000 data key in the Registry became corrupted.
Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't cure the problem because the uninstall
didn't bother to clean out the blasted key in the Registry. Had to go in and
manually do it myself!), and in various other places.

Now, why in the blankety-blank-blank can't programmers create uninstalls that
get rid of ALL the program???

Grrrr.......

Jo Byrd