TOC gets reset

Subject: TOC gets reset
From: Neeti Sukhtankar <NeetiS -at- SYNECTICS -dot- Soft -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:57:37 +0530

Hi everyone,
The TOCs in our user guides are constructed with the TOC field using heading
levels. However every time I re-open a User Guide the page numbers in the
TOC get reset (to 0). I have the option to unlink the TOC fields after
updating but I want to fix this problem, not work around it. Moreover only
some of the user guides have this problem though they are based on the same
template. Again this peculiarity is not restricted to just the user guides;
it frequently strikes other documents too so I guess it doesn't have
anything to do with the template. Any ideas? We use Word 97.
(cross posted to Word-PC list and Techwr-l)

TIA,
Neeti Sukhtankar
Associate Technical Writer
Technical Writers' Group