Re: Answers to "Has Anyone Worked for a Large Law Firm?"

Subject: Re: Answers to "Has Anyone Worked for a Large Law Firm?"
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:40:15 -0700

Robert Kennedy wrote:

> Tech writers do not produce billable hours and therefore are
> (typically) treated as creatures inhabiting the lower levels of the
> (human) food chain.

> This position, which lists few hard and fast specific reqs, paid 70k
> a year! AH! BUT, just read the last bullet!

> + Able to work evenings and weekends, when required.

If you want to be treated as a member of the team instead of a
creature at the bottom of the food chain, you have to be willing to
work with the team. I don't imagine the attorneys in the office are
working only 8-5 M-F.

If there is a TW job out there paying $70K a year where you are not
required to work nights or weekends occasionally, please let me
know and I'll apply immediately. $70K would be a SUBSTANTIAL
increase in pay for me...

Dana W.

**New Dates!!** San Francisco (Apr 16-17), San Jose (Mar 29-30) or 800-646-9989.