RE: Tech writer market

Subject: RE: Tech writer market
From: "John Locke" <mail -at- freelock -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:54:22 -0800

Bruce wrote:

> When I receive calls that I don't
> want, I grumble about them, but I always return them. If I want a
> reputation in the marketplace for reliability (and let's face it,
> that's part of what you sell as a contractor), I have to exercise it
> all the time, not just when it's convenient for me. And politeness,
> I figure, is never misplaced.

I try to do the same, but now and then, when my head is down on a project,
it may take a few days...

My rule for responding to e-mails is, if the recruiter has taken the time to
address me personally, I will respond in kind. If I've been BCC'd on a
mailing, or worse, part of a mailing openly sent to others, I'll only
respond if I might be interested in the project--and then with reservations.
I don't mass mail my resume, and don't appreciate being part of a mass
mailing.

Cheers,
John Locke
http://www.freelock.com