RE: Html vs. Pdf

Subject: RE: Html vs. Pdf
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:51:57 -0800

Susan Jelus wrote:

| I've been producing winhelp to document my company's software products for
| several years. Some of the help is operations oriented. Some is
| developer-to-developer C++ library and API reference material.
| I'm considering moving to either html or pdf (or perhaps both,
| based on the
| information need).

I don't see why this should be an either/or proposition. HTML and PDF are
both useful. Why not provide both?

David Knopf (mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com)
Knopf Online (
Tel: 415.550.8367

RoboHelp MVP & Certified RoboHelp Instructor
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer
Member, Sun's JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Member, eHelp's RoboHelp Community Advisory Board
Co-moderator, HATT & wwp-users

Available 4/30/01 at or info -at- devahelp -dot- com

IPCC 01, Oct. 24-27 in Santa Fe.