RE: Choosing a Documentation Vendor

Subject: RE: Choosing a Documentation Vendor
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:51:43 -0500

Responding to Andrew's recent opus:

I read it. (Is that the echo of trumpets?)

A bit longish for a marketing brochure... :-)

Anyway, after all the buildup about
<fanfare>
"Content Providers"
</fanfare>, I found that I was unable to
differentiate the god-like entity, described throughout
a few pages of bumpf, from:
"A good all-round technical writer with experience in
your industry, Mr. Prospective Customer, sir."

Unless the "Content Provider" used to be a development
engineer in Mr. Customer's specific line of business,
just what arcane path did he follow such that he learned
and absorbed SO much more in the process of writing some
docs than did "A good all-round technical writer with
experience in your industry, Mr. Prospective Customer, sir"?

I don't mean to imply, for a moment, that my inability
to grasp this distinction is anything other than a
failing on my part, but...

/kevin

PS: Slow as I am, I believe I did recognize a couple of
other denizens of this list, from your even-handed
depictions. :-)
Do I sense a reciprocal wave of "white papers" on
the horizon? Avast, mateys! See to your lifeboats!