RE: Doc-To-Help, Tech Support and Documentation? (spin off from W eb Help Tools)

Subject: RE: Doc-To-Help, Tech Support and Documentation? (spin off from W eb Help Tools)
From: "Newman, Sarah" <snewman -at- bechtel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:47:01 -0600

I originally sent this message only to Chantel, but she suggested that I
post it to the list so that it will be included in the archives.

I've found that the best source of support for Doc-to-Help is the Wextech
mailing list. There are experts on the list who are very quick to respond
with helpful advice. Some of the tech support people also monitor the list
activity, and sometimes answer questions as well. Here is the subcription
info:

SUBSCRIBING:
Send a message to: imailsrv -at- list -dot- wextech -dot- com
Include the following text in the body: subscribe wextech-l your_name

UNSUBSCRIBING:
Send a message to: imailsrv -at- list -dot- wextech -dot- com
Include the following text in the body: unsubscribe wextech-l your_name

CONTRIBUTING TO THE LIST:
Send a message to: wextech-l -at- wextech -dot- com

DIGEST VERSION:
Send a message to: imailsrv -at- list -dot- wextech -dot- com
Include the following text in the body: set mode digest wextech-l

And, yes, the manuals have improved a lot over the past 3 years, although
they're still not perfect. As far as the tech support goes, if you
understand that there are about 12 people in the company, most of whom work
from home, then you begin to understand the phone wait. I've gotten better
response by leaving a message for a call back, or even better by sending
e-mail about the problem.

Sarah Newman
BECHTEL CORPORATION
Information Systems and Technology