RE: Resources for visually impaired TWs

Subject: RE: Resources for visually impaired TWs
From: "Rich, Charles" <crich -at- FSC -dot- Follett -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 08:48:13 -0500

A few years back I worked with the differently-abled in Western Colorado. I
worked with a company called Center for Independence in their Adaptive
Technology Resource Center (ATRC). I learned a lot in the short time that I
worked in the ATRC, and to this day every time I sit down to create web
content I apply a mixed bag of "tricks" to make my pages easier to use by
all visitors. I would definitely recommend a visit to CFI's web site, and
encourage you to befriend Nancy Conklin, the ATRC supervisor, if you are at
all serious about making your work accessible to disabled consumers. You can
find CFI's pages at http://www.gj.net/~cfi . BTW, not to brag, but the basic
structure of this site is still pretty much the same as when I first laid it
out for them in 1997 (well, ok, I am bragging).

Charles T. Rich
Technical Writer
Product Development
Follett Software Company

-- Here lies a man whose name is writ in water . . . give or take a byline
or two.

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.