Resources for visually impaired TWs

Subject: Resources for visually impaired TWs
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:01:25 -0400

Within the last week or so, we had a thread going about resources for
visually impaired tech writers. I asked my friendly local librarian for some
resources, and she came up with these urls. Significantly, the library
(Morse Institute, Natick MA) has itself purchased units from Adaptive
Technologies, and the devices are getting a lot of use by the patrons. With
thanks to Karol Bartlett, who wrote:

Just checking quickly, here is a link that will give a
catlogue of some of the stuff available. This is just
one of the companies who provide and/or design
equipment.

http://www.adaptive-technologies.com/OnlineCatalogue.html

The following link is one put together for libraries
and is quite good.

http://www.infomotions.com/musings/adaptive-technologies/

For the record, neither Karol nor I have any interest in Adaptive
Technologies, Inc., nor in any other similar vendor. "This is a public
service announcement." <G>

Marguerite

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.