RE: Rules for i.e. & e.g.

Subject: RE: Rules for i.e. & e.g.
From: "DeGuzman, Kathi" <Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:15:45 -0400

It seems that the rules for i.e., and e.g., are more subjective
than anything else. I tend to avoid abbreviations in writing as
much as possible. However, if you do intend to use i.e., or e.g.,
do not forget to put the comma after the abbreviation (punctuation
prior to the expression depends on the sentence).

It drives me crazy when I see those expressions used without the comma.
Guess it is just one of my pet peeves...

Kathi Jan DeGuzman
Technical Editor
Marketing - Customer Tools
kathi -dot- deguzman -at- nextel -dot- com
Desk: 703-433-3727
PTN: 703-675-2966

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.