STC Speaker's paying conference fee

Subject: STC Speaker's paying conference fee
From: "Kay Ethier" <kethier -at- travelthepath -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:27:58 -0700

I agree with iluvvscotties -at- earthlink -dot- net -dot- . I don't understand why the STC
insists that speakers pay an attendance fee.

Speakers spend time creating their presentation and then more of their time
presenting. They are sharing their knowledge with the attendees without
being paid a fee. Many times speakers to conferences are even paying their
own travel expenses.

Two good conferences I know of do not charge speakers to attend. FrameUsers
doesn't charge speakers an attendance fee. Our own local STC (Carolina
Chapter) doesn't charge speakers a conference fee.

http://www.frameusers.com/workshop/ (next conference October 2001)

http://www.stc-carolina.org (next conference Spring 2002)

Kay Ethier
Bright Path Solutions
Frame ACE and Frequently a Conference Speaker