Re: RE: Not again: certification

Subject: Re: RE: Not again: certification
From: "Scott Holstad" <SHolstad -at- ci -dot- knoxville -dot- tn -dot- us>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:14:55 -0400

However, is there any organization out there MORE qualified to offer certification? I realize that not everyone likes or recognizes the STC (as is pretty evident by the posts to this list), but if not the STC, then who? IEEE? ACM? I think not. Like it or not, I would contend that the STC is the leading professional organization in the technical communication field, and as such, is most qualified to pursue certification issues.

My two cents.

Scott

Scott C. Holstad
Technical Writer
City of Knoxville
(865)215-4444
sholstad -at- ci -dot- knoxville -dot- tn -dot- us

>>> <bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com> 04/18 9:44 AM >>>
In the case of doctors, there is a recognized, authoritative governing body
that licenses them. STC has no clear right to declare themselves as such.

BTW, I am not knocking STC, per se, and am actually a member. I just don't
think they need to be overstepping their bounds on this issue.

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.