Question re version control

Subject: Question re version control
From: Ardene Whittlesey <twriter40 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:16:03 -0700 (PDT)

I've been asked to recommend some version control
software and set up a document library for a project
I'm working on.

I'd be interested in input on experiences with VSS, PC
Docs, or other software people have used, and
especially in hearing from anyone who has administered
the software as well.

We are creating a system to monitor and compare
performance statistics on service provided to
wholesale and retail customers within a variety of
states. We need not only to make sure unauthorized
users don't make changes to the documents, but also to
be able to store and compare various versions of a
document and compare documents for each state.

We (the writers) will not only be using the version
control software, but administering it as well. I've
used VSS on another project, but have never had the
responsibility for administration. The client already
uses PC Docs (I don't know which product yet) in
another division.

Please reply to me off list at
awhittle -at- mindspring -dot- com, and I'll summarize the

Thanks!

Ardene Whittlesey

=====
Ardene Whittlesey