Acrobat 4.05 question

Subject: Acrobat 4.05 question
From: "Cindy Parker" <cparker -at- fuse -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 13:37:32 -0400

I have a problem that is driving me nuts. I created a manual in Word 2000.
Each chapter is a separate document. The graphic artist created line art
drawings that are .eps files (which is what our printing company needs).
When I went to the printer to do the final layout, I just needed to give
them a .pdf file and they can print the hard copy manual. When I converted
the manual from Word to pdf, acrobat inserted a box/border around each
image. Try as I might, I could not get the box removed. The layout guy at
the printer converted the exact same files using Acrobat 4.0 and guess
what - no border. We compared settings, everything is EXACTLY the same on
both his PC and mine. The only distinguishing difference was the versions
of Acrobat. Me with 4.05 and him with 4.0. Does anyone know how to get
around this "feature" or did we both miss something.

I am going to start using PageMaker (not my choice but the company's) for
layout in the future so this problem will go away. The problem is, I have
another manual that has to go out soon and I'm getting in major trouble
because we have to use the Printer's Layout personnel to clean up problems
such as this. I am expected (and rightfully so I may add) to give the
Printer an electronic file and they just print the manual. Not a problem if
I want these borders but I don't. Any and all suggestions will be
incredibly helpful. I can even send a sample page if someone wants to look
at it.

As always, this list is my single greatest resource and I will be eternally
gratefully. I'll buy the beers/cokes/drinks of choice for the solution if
you happen to be in Chicago next week !!! =)

Thanks again everyone.

Cindy Parker
Information Engineer, Online Architecture
ZoomTown.com