STC Single Source SIG

Subject: STC Single Source SIG
From: "Shelton, Jan" <JShelton -at- metasolv -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 15:10:39 -0500

I am starting the process for applying to the Society for Technical
Communication to form a special interest group targeting single sourcing.
There must be 25 members from at least three chapters who will be willing to
be charter members and who indicate a willingness to cooperate in the
formation and activities of the SIG for one year.

I'll be at the STC conference in Chicago and want to host an informal
meeting of those who are interested in this SIG. I won't have a formal
meeting room unless I can snag a person at the conference to see if I can
schedule one on the fly. I'll post a meeting notice on one of the bulletin
boards when I find out where I can hold the meeting. If I can't find a room,
I'll post a message either at the Information Booth (if I can) or the
message board. In addition, I'll post a sign-up sheet to gather signatures
of interested people.

If anyone is interested in joining and working in this group, email me at
jshelton -at- metasolv -dot- com -dot- That will give me some idea of how many may be
attending (of course, it doesn't cover people who aren't on this list).

Jan Shelton
MetaSolv Software, Inc.
Sr. Technical Writer
972.403.8338