Re: Designing packaging matter??

Subject: Re: Designing packaging matter??
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:08:05 -0700

walden miller wrote:

> Depending on the number of boxes you will need for an initial run you should
> consider hiring a non-local box company (unless your local company is a big
> national box manufacturer).

That brings up another point: since Ann is in Canada, I strongly advise
not only a non-local company, but one that has ties in the United States
(I'm assuming, of course, that the United States will be a large part of
the product's market). Even if your company has a US office, shipping
products back and forth across the border can be time-consuming and
frustrating. A large enough company can not only give you advice, but
also take care of the problem for you. Whether the manufacturer does
business in the States or simply has some partners there, making the
right choice can really shorten your To Worry list.

--
Bruce Byfield 604.421.7177 bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com

"Maybe there were two sides to that affair of Cain,
And Judas was a tolerable chap."
-G. K. Chesterton