Re: Running executables and HTML

Subject: Re: Running executables and HTML
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:04:28 -0400

That's the way it's supposed to be.

Think about it from an Internet security point of view. When you're out surfing the Web and you click on a link, is it your expectation that an executable located on someone else's server will begin running on your computer? Think about the havoc it could wreak, scouting around your files to find all sorts of personal information, reformatting your hard disk, whatever.

The Web is specifically designed to try to prevent this from happening (unless you use Outlook for email, of course).

From: irene_preire -at- ds-fr -dot- com
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:55:30 +0200