Re: FWD: Losing my profession?

Subject: Re: FWD: Losing my profession?
From: "C. Crowley" <claudia -at- billmax -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 21:58:03 -0500

Re,

Having some time off, albeit reluctantly, has given me an opportunity to
reflect on how I reached this point and what I want to do now.

I think this may be normal development. In nature, people do different things at different times in their lives. Doing one thing professionally isn't the same as becoming that thing, even if we do use the phrase.

A few years ago I knew it was time to move out of tech writing. I worked for 3 or 4 years as a seriously underpaid tech support person at ISPs. It was a wonderful break! Now I'm back doing manuals, and liking it better than before--but also starting to think real hard about writing something that may be read longer than 6 months.

C. Crowley
claudia -at- billmax -dot- com