RE: Jumpstart a programming ability [- why?]

Subject: RE: Jumpstart a programming ability [- why?]
From: Martha J Davidson <editrix -at- nemasys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 15:45:48 -0700

At 11:46 AM 7/6/2001 -0500, Arlen.P.Walker wrote:

6) For me, the biggest turnoff in a conversation is "I don't need to know
that." You say that to me just once, and you'll never get anything other
than the bare minimum from me at any time in the future. I'll not volunteer
any information, you'll have to drag it out one direct question at a time.

Worse yet, from my perspective, is when someone tells me, "You don't
need to know that." If I asked a question, it's because I do feel I need
to know something; or at least because I want to know. I may not use
the answer in a technical document, but the answer might provide that
one missing detail that completes a partial understanding and puts
everything into exactly the right place in the conceptual picture I'm
building?

martha
--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."
--Albert Einstein