Opinion of a site.

Subject: Opinion of a site.
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:19:20 -0700 (PDT)

This request is directed to those who have a strong understanding of
web sites where the targeted audience is people with disabilities.

Someone in my company (in a management position) submitted the
following url to me for me to include on an intranet web site as a
featured resource for people with disabilities. It is a touchy-feely
warm-and-fuzzy type of public interest site.

http://www.able-ezine.org/

While I'm not an expert in this type of web site, something makes me
think that aside from it being a weak resource, it is infact, not
created with the proper standards and mechanics in mind.

BTW...I tested it with "Bobby" and while it doesn't trigger any
Priority 1 accessibility errors, it just doesn't seem right.

I don't want to go back to the person and say "This site sucks" with
no foundation. (BTW..."it is ugly" doesn't count) Therefore, if I can
get one or two responses as to whether it is or isn't a properly
created site (such as why it isn't accessible to a certain portion of
those with disabilities), I'd appreciate it. Please feel free to
submit your commnts off-list. Also, if you hve any favorite links of
warm-all-over-touchy-feely web sites that ARE directed to those with
disabilities, I'd consider seeing what ya got.

OTOH, it may be a great site in this aspect and I don't know what I'm
talking about.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"How to be happy in life: Never impose your beliefs
on anyone else and never fry bacon in the nude."
-- Anon

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/