RE: "Documenting APIs and SDKs" review?

Subject: RE: "Documenting APIs and SDKs" review?
From: "Lydia Wong" <lydiaw -at- fpoint -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:32:06 -0400

Carol asked about Gordon and Gordon's workbook based on their "Documenting
APIs and SDKs" workshop. We purchased the book, and I do recommend it. It's
a very nicely designed set of PowerPoint slides from their workshop. We
think it will be invaluable for training new writers here to document our
products' APIs. Gordon and Gordon has money-back guarantee. If you purchase
it and find it doesn't suit your needs, you can return it.

Do note that it is not a textbook, though. It's slides from their
presentation. Therefore, it doesn't have a narrative flow. However, it's
very well organized, and is a nice entry point for someone needing to learn
the basics of what's involved in API documentation. Also, it has an
excellent glossary and list of resources. There's even some humor in it!

HTH. Please feel free to contact me off-list if you have more questions
about the workbook.

Lydia
Lydia Wong
Technical Writer